YEC Au Pair offers a unique cultural exchange program that allows young adults from foreign countries to live and work in the United States for one year that provides opportunity to work, study, and travel.
Au pair program is one of US departments of state’s educational and Cultural exchange program. The opportunity promotes and fosters a better understanding of cultural value as well as a great way to learn cultural differences, gain international work experience and extend friendship.
- Child care / elderly care
- Light Housework
- Live as family member
- Program Duration: One-year program
- Location: All over USA
- Working Hour: 10hours/Day or 45 hours/ Week
- Day off: One & half day/week, One complete weekend / month, Two week of paid vacation
- Visa Duration: 1 year to 2 years
- Visa Type: J1
- Facilities: Board accommodation, home appliances, Academic course, Regular contact from Placement organization
- Age: 18 to 26 years
- Sex: Only female
- Education: High School Graduate
- Language: Good command in English
- Background: talents, Intellectual and Independent
- Training: 32 hours class (6 months Training)
- Experience: Child care/ elderly care Experiences
- Health: Mentally, physically and spiritually fine
- Complete an application process and participate in one-to-one personal interview
- Verification of the application
- Placements process
- Interview by the host family
- Sign contract
- DS 2019 and SEVIS
- Visa process
Program Rules and Regulation
- Must match all eligibilities.
- Submit the requirements.
- 32 hours of additional training
- Sigh contract with employer
- Follow all rules and regulation of host family.
- Bear to take all responsibilities.
- If any problem occurs inform host family
- Inform family in written form before leaving.
- Conscious about the duties.
- Awaking children, bathing, feeding and decreeing
- Playing with children and helping them with their studies
- Preparing light meals or helping to prepare meals
- Making beds, laundry
- Dropping the children off and picking them up from school or activities
- Baby sitting/ Elder care/ Disable care/ Health care
Please remember: The Au Pair is not a cleaner or a house maid. Their responsibilities do not include heavy housework. They are international visitors &will be treated as a member of the host family.
Required Documents for Application
- Completed application forms
- Smiling passport size photographs
- Training / Academic certificates
- At least 2 personal recommendations, at least one should be about your child care experience
- No criminal record
- Copy of passport
- Some pictures of you, your family, friends and with children you have looked after
- Photographs of previous work /training with children.
- Work experience certificates / Child care experience
- Certificates language (if any)
- Dear family letter describing about yourself.
- Driving license a copy
- Medical certificate ( form is available along with application)
- Application & registration
- Placement Service.
- Airport transfer and pickup.
- Supply of essential visa approval document.
- 24/7 assistance service.
- Airfare (conditional).
- Health Insurance.
- Language / child care classes of your program.
- Pre departure orientation and Handbooks.
- Food and accommodation.
- Post-secondary education (Institute).
- Childcare class-32 hours.
- Language Class.
- Regular support and assistance.
Program does not Includes
- Daily expenses.
- Airfare (if not provided by host families).
- Clothes & personal materials.
Once you submit the application along with all necessary documents we will access your qualification and forward the documents to host organization. When you will be selected by the host family you will get a contract papers to sign then you will receive acceptance letters, placement details, DS 2019 will be provided once we finalize all process. When you get visa pre departure orientation and handbook will be provided to you as well as you will get full cooperation for your travel preparation from YEC.
What about the payment?
Your Program registration, application, documentation, courier, orientation, Training (32 Hours), handbooks, and examination fees are non refundable in any cases which you must pay at the time of registration. You must deposit Good faith deposit, which is refundable in case of program cancellation.
Who is responsible for the other necessary charges?
Applicants are responsible to pay enough visa processing charges, SEVIS and other necessary fees charged by host organization, Immigration department and fee for concerned embassy at the time of submission visa application and you must understand that these fees are non refundable in any cases.
Regulated by the US State Dept, the Au pair USA program is intended as a cross-cultural exchange program with an element of child care. Both the family and the aupair gain from the experience.The aupair provide live-in child care and in return is provided with room, board and weekly pocket money from the American host family.
Au Pair Stipend and Education Supplement
All au pairs receive a weekly stipend of $195.75 directly from their host family, and a $500 education supplement as required by the U.S. Department of State.